Friday, March 21, 2014

Unexpected Consequences by Sloan Johnson





Zeke Reed lives his life by his rules, the biggest one being that he refuses to settle down. Through the years, it has become a running joke amongst his circle of friends that his condo would be well served by the installation of a revolving door.
That’s what makes his friendship with Mary and Jeff work. All three of them are looking for some no-strings-attached fun. Until fate steps in, making them all take a look at what’s been developing while they've been busy fooling around.
Unfortunately, every decision in life has consequences. When you choose to openly share your life with more than one person, things get complicated. Will Zeke, Jeff and Mary be able to stand together as the world tries to pull them apart?



I was privileged to be granted an interview with these amazing people (needless to say, they kept me on my toes). Thank you for coming and allowing me to spend this time with you all.

When did you realize that they were meant for you?
Zeke: I think I knew for a while, but the night we all got together to talk to Tommy about his crappy attitude, I knew that I was screwed when it came to Mary. And Jeff, well after the accident, it became apparent that he had me by the balls.
Mary: It took me a bit longer, but the way they both took care of me after the accident, I knew I had something special. 
Jeff: When did I know or when did I admit it? I knew the first night Mary and I went out on a date, but it took Zeke’s mom to make me admit what was going on.

Why didn't you want to tell Dylan & Tommy about you and Jeff right away?
Zeke: I don’t have the most open-minded family in the world. I worried about what they would think, and if Dylan and Tommy knew, then it was on them to keep that secret for me. I didn't want that. And, I’m man enough to admit, part of me was scared that they’d judge me. It was stupid, but it is what it is. Can’t change it now.

What is it that you find most appealing about each other?
Zeke: Mary has this lightness to her. Especially now that she’s not dealing with some of the burdens she had when we met. Jeff balances me. I’m the crazy, impulsive one and I need someone to pull me back to Earth sometimes.
Jeff: Yeah, I think Z pretty much hit the nail on the head. I will say that Mary being crazy sexy is another appealing asset.
Mary: We really shouldn't let Zeke answer first. He’s the smooth talker, always knows what to say and gets us to go along with it. Besides the way the guys balance one another, I think I’m in love with their compassionate hearts. They didn’t have to stand by me, but they wanted to.

Do you wish your mother was different and more involved in your life?
Mary: Things have always been strained with my mother, even more since my dad died. It was time for me to stop thinking about hurting her feelings and start thinking about my own sanity. Of course, I wish she was different. I’ve spent years wishing she would change and accept me for whatever choices I make, but I have realized that will never happen.

Have you always been the dominant one in your relationships?
Jeff: I don’t think I go out of my way to be the dominant one, but yes, I have been. It’s not something I work at, it’s just who I am.

Do you want to have your own little Ava?
All three: Absolutely!

If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
Zeke: Keeping part of myself secret. It’s my biggest regret.
Jeff: Allowing my past to rule my present and future.
Mary: Nothing. Everything that happens in life leads to the next great thing. We might not see that in the moment, but eventually it all becomes clear.

If you could go back and talk to yourself when you were younger, what advice would you give yourself?
Zeke: Be honest. With yourself and those you love.
Jeff: Don’t close your heart.
Mary: Live for you. When it comes down to it, you are the only person you have to please every day of your life.

Is there anything else you would rather do professionally?
Zeke: Nope! I have my dream job and an awesome business partner.
Jeff: Possibly, but I do enjoy helping others. 
Mary: Yes, and some day I’ll figure out what that is!

Where else would you like to live?
Zeke: Vegas
Jeff: New York
Mary: Somewhere secluded in the mountains

Thank you all for answering my questions for me. I truly appreciate getting to know you all better. Now I had some quick fire questions as well. I know you all have to get going, so Sloan is going to take these for you ;)

Coffee or Tea? Coffee
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi
Cake or Pie? Pie
Tattoos or piercings? Tattoos
Dogs or cats? Dogs
Book Series or Stand Alone? Book Series
Country or City living? City Living
Snowy mountain or Beachside? Beachside
Boxers or Briefs? Boxers
Thong/gstring or full panties? Full Panties

Fave food? Almost anything my husband makes
Fave movie? Princess Bride
Fave actor? Russell Crowe
Fave actress? Anne Hathaway
Fave Snack? Cheese curds (fresh, not fried)
Fave desert? Really? Why not ask for my favourite child? LOL
Fave show? Hart of Dixie
Fave song? Get Thru This by Art of Dying



If you know me, at all, this has been a book I have been craving for some time. In fact since we first met Zeke in Unexpected Angel (Dylan's story) I have been dying to find out what is happening with him. I was so excited when this story came out and had to have it immediately.
If you haven't read the first two books in this amazing series, you are going to be lost in who the characters all are, and how they interact with each other.

Zeke & Jeff, as well as Mary, haven't had an easy life at all. They have all been fighting who they truly are, and not really letting themselves be known. Until the accident, there isn't a known relationship between these amazing people. They have made me sob uncontrollably, and then made me laugh so hard I had to stop reading. While this is primarily about Zeke, Jeff & Mary, there is so  much interaction with Tommy & Holly, as well as with Dylan & Tasha. The connections among these three amazing couples, is truly a family that support each other and help through the rough times.
"Listen to her. Don't tell her she's wrong for feeling what she feels. Don't tell her how to fix things. Just listen. That's what I did while you were napping and you can see the difference it made."

Their story isn't a traditional love story, but it is still filled with so much love, grace, pain, and joy that you can't help but feel connected to these amazing people. "You haven't given a damn about my life up to this point, so you can drop the act. Honestly, I'm not even sure why you're here. I have Zeke, Jeff and the rest of my adopted family to make sure I have everything I need." 
They all have so much to work out, not just with their families, but with themselves as well.
"Mary, I love that it's so easy for you to rationalize this. The problem is, even if the three of us all agree that we want to pursue the idea of a triad relationship, the world in general doesn't share your views. Hell, just look at your mother. She's threatening my job because she thinks you're doing something immoral."

While these three amazing people don't have an easy choice for their relationship, they do have the choice. They can live their lives in a way that makes them happy, or they can conform to what society thinks is best. Will they be able to get past their hangups that have been a part of their lives? 
"If your love is true, I have no doubt the three of you will find a way to get past this."
"If she can get past the beliefs she has held for over fifty years, maybe I will be able to overcome those that have jaded me for over twenty years."

This is such a fabulous book about a realistic couple that I can't help but love and treasure. These three people are so amazing, caring, and genuine in their lives and love that it is an inspiration.
"I'm trying to pay attention as the minister goes through the ceremony, but it's nearly impossible when Jeff's standing a few feet away from me holding Ava while Mary's arms are wrapped around his waist. My heart swells with love for the both of them as I think of what our own future holds."


 








Other books in the Ithmus Alliance Series

~ Unexpected Angel #1 ~
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
~ Unexpected Protector #2~
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble




  

  About Sloan Johnson

Displaying sloan.jpg

Sloan Johnson is a big city girl trapped in a country girl’s body. While she longs for the hustle and bustle of New York City or Las Vegas, she hasn’t yet figured out how to sit on the deck with her morning coffee, watching the deer and wild turkeys in the fields while surrounded by concrete and glass. When she was three, her parents received their first call from the principal asking them to pick her up from school. Apparently, if you aren't enrolled, you can’t attend classes, even in Kindergarten. The next week, she was in preschool and started plotting her first story soon after. Later in life, her parents needed to do something to help their socially awkward, uncoordinated child come out of her shell and figured there was no better place than a bar on Wednesday nights. It’s a good thing they did because this is where she found her love of reading and writing. Who needs socialization when you can sit alone in your bedroom with a good book?
Now, Sloan is a tattooed, purple haired mom of two kids, one of which was a thank you present to her husband for letting her get a Staffordshire Terrier with more anxiety issues than Sloan has, which is saying something. She’s been kicked out of the PTA in two school districts and is no longer asked to help with fundraisers because she’s been known to lose herself in a good book and forget that she has somewhere to be.



Hosted by:

RockStar Lit PR

No comments:

Post a Comment